If you DON’T have a notice, you really need one!
Below you will find some suggestions:
Update your website to communicate with future customers & clients.
- Make it clear that you are, or are not, open for business. Add clear messaging by adding web banners or updating item headlines and descriptions.
- If your business involves booking, encourage future bookings by highlighting available discounts and flexible rebooking policies.
Use messages to communicate with existing customers.
- “Company XYZ is currently unaffected by the coronavirus. We will remain open and maintain our normal business hours. We look forward to seeing you soon!”
- “Dear valued customer, for your health and safety, Company XYZ will be closed to the public at this time in response to the recent coronavirus news. We will reach out to you with a timeline for reopening as soon as that is possible. Thank you in advance for your understanding.”
- “As our company responds to COVID-19, the health and safety of our employees and customers remains our top priority. We are committed to being there when our customers and colleagues need us most. Here’s how we’re responding…”
Best practices for notifications
From a practical, best practice, point of view, it’s best if notices are on all pages of your website (not just the home page), just below the masthead.
Your notice should cover, where applicable:
- The impact on customers
- How employees are being protected through social distancing
- How customer service will be affected
- The location of changes to service
- A minimum time the action will be taken for
- Consider building lists of frequently asked questions
Finally, Stay informed!
As we as a nation practice social distancing, more and more customers will be turning to your website for information regarding the status of your business. By providing the information they are seeking, you will not only help prevent confusion, you will also show that you care.
Besides updating your website, remember to put a sticky post on facebook and add a post to your Google Business page!