About the WordPress Dashboard
Once your site has been launched, you will be provided with login information to access the administrative panel for your WordPress site. From the administrative area you will have the ability to add to and edit your website.
When you login to your WordPress site at www.yourdomainname.com/wp-admin, you will be greeted with the WordPress “Dashboard”. This is the launching pad provided by the software. It provides a quick view of activity on your site, current WordPress news, new plug-ins, and can also be used to compose new posts on the fly.
You have full control over what information is displayed in the dashboard. For instance, some people will not be interested in WordPress News. You can customize the dashboard to show the information you find useful and hide the information that you do not want to see. Simply click “screen options” in the top right corner of the browser and add or remove checks as necessary.
From the dashboard you will be able to:
- Add, edit and delete posts & pages
- Manage your media library (images and documents)
- View and moderate post comments
- View contact form comments
- Manage forms (if using), including adding, editing, deleting and viewing submissions
- Customize your theme
- Manage plugins
- Add users and assign permissions
- Export a backup of your WordPress content to your computer